Legislative Republicans are making significant investments in our student’s education even as we continue to see massive amounts of federal cash flood our school districts. We've consistently invested in our kids, teachers and schools. The new state budget will be no different.
Republicans on the Joint Finance Committee advanced an education package that will continue to invest in the future of our state:
- Guarantees a minimum of $781 per pupil to all school districts if the schools were in person more than 50% of the 2020-21 school year.
- Sets aside $350 million to maintain education funding stability in the future.
- Increases Special Education Categorical Aids by nearly 10% or by $86 million to 30% of eligible costs - the highest dollar levels ever.
- Doubles Mental Health Categorical Aids by providing an additional $12 million.
- Provides $7 million for school-based mental health collaboration grants – a 54% increase, which meets the Governor’s proposal.
- Increases sparsity aid by $6.3 million and expands eligibility.