- Support the FAIR Act to Stop Abuses of Civil Asset Forfeiture
- Restaurants Struggle to Comply with Calorie Labeling Requirements Under ObamaCare
- Capitol Hill Update, 26 January, 2015
- Divided government has kept budget deficits in check, but a spending explosion is on the horizon
- ObamaCare spending will balloon to nearly $2 trillion over the next decade
One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to do more hiking and spend more time outdoors so today I finally went out to visit Green Coulee Park in Onalaska. I decided that I would share these light adventures for all to know that being a Coulee Conservative isn't just about politics. We also believe in God and enjoy the many blessings that He has provided for us including the remarkable natural environment that we live in.
As I write this the president and his White House team are putting the final touches on his State of the Union speech. Let me make a prediction: he will try to act like Santa Clause again and will propose giving away things that, in fantasy land, sound wonderful but would fail miserably when applied to reality.
You see, Marxist liberals like the president do not analyze reality then come up with solutions to address the real problems we have. On the contrary, Marxist liberals like Obama envision Utopia and then try to force their fantasy onto the real world even though they are completely incompatible with one another.
Russian aggression? Ignore it.
Benghazi murders of American embassy personnel? Not in Obama's fantasy world. Pretend like it never happened.
The rise of ISIS and destruction of the hard work our troops did to stabilize Iraq? Nah, just an anomaly.
Give away college tuition even though there is no way to pay for it? Heck, yeah!