- Rand Paul's Latest Stand Has Bought Another Chance for Real Surveillance Reform
- Passionate Youth Stand with Rand to End Mass Surveillance
- FCC transparency bills gain positive progress during subcommittee vote
- Rand Paul made the constitutional conservative case for justice reform in his nearly 11-hour filibuster
- Key Vote YES on the Flake Amendment to Remove Trade Adjustment Assistance from Fast-Track
- The FEC’s Latest Great Idea: Dismantle Capitalism to Get More Women in Office
- A very British shock result and what it may mean
- A sour decision over ‘Sweet Cakes’
- What Are The Real Goals Of The White House’s Task Force On New Americans?
- Memo to the President: How to Transform Civil-Military Relations
This is the story of many of our past heroes. I say past as it seems our current president has done much to destroy the love and loyalty of our military and local law enforcement officials. All you have to do is study the mid-east and see what lack of willingness to stand up for your fellow man and country to see what we could become. It is indeed sad and very troubling to hear the words of our leaders tearing down our accomplishments and causing much unwarranted division and distrust among the populace.
On this most solemn of American holidays I want to share with you a short speech that I wrote in 2003 for a Memorial Day service in La Crosse while I served as chairman of the La Crosse County Republican Party. I haven't found a better way to convey my feelings about this holiday so please forgive me for simply copying and pasting from an old speech.
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice: So help me God.”
PLEASE: Help or forward to someone who you know who can!
* The Food Pantry in the La Crosse Salvation Army at 223 Eighth St. N.,(608)782-6126 is in extremely short supply of canned vegetables, boxed meals (H&T Helper / Rice-a-roni / Mac & Cheese), tuna, vegetable soups, pasta and sauces, and toilet tissue. Donation drop off is 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. A donation of any of these item will be appreciated!
* Hunger Task Force Food Bank, 1240 Clinton St. La Crosse, provides food to 64 programs in western Wisconsin. Food items in need are tuna, canned or boxed soups, peanut butter, jelly, breakfast cereals, canned fruit (in water), pasta and sauce. Please drop off your donations 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mon.- Fri. or by appointment (608) 793-1002.
I will be careful to lead a blameless life . . . I will set before my eyes no vile thing . . . I will have nothing to do with evil. Ps 101:2-4
This Bible passage is a terrific reminder of why I keep politics at a distance these days. There is just too much temptation to counter-attack the relentless attacks that Marxists level against our freedom. It seems like there is a new attack from Democrats every single day and, if I were involved in politics, I would be conducting counter attacks with the ferocity that I learned as a Marine Corps officer candidate in the 90's.
But that's not how these attacks must be handled. We need leaders who will embrace these opportunities. We need leaders who can balance the effort to restore freedom with the compassion to encourage the poor saps who have fallen into the pit of Marxist ideology that they can join with us too.