I recently had a very interesting conversion about the 3rd Congressional District. I was asked, "Why is everyone so afraid of running against Congressman Ron Kind?" After thinking about it for a second I replied that I didn't think anyone was afraid of Ron Kind. Many people are simply not interested in having to deal with the incredibly biased media in this district. Local media always overlooks Ron Kind's lazy behaviors in Washington and they unfairly paint his opponents in a negative light. Can you name for me just ONE thing that Ron Kind has accomplished in the 20-years he has served? Ok, you can probably come up with one but try two-now that's pretty difficult. So, while Ron Kind has pretty much accomplished nothing in all of his time, local media ignore that and, instead, focus their attention on the lies that his campaign always pushes regarding his opponents. They lie, cheat, and manufacture scandals about Republicans with no regard whatsoever for good journalistic practices like triple checking sources and verifying that what the Democrats are telling them is actually the truth. It takes a very special kind of courage to step into that one-sided playing field. It would be like a solo wrestler daring to get into the ring with John Cena and Steve Austin tagging against him or her.
What's that you say? I'm being over dramatic? Well, that may be but think about this:
- Has the media ever reported about Ron Kind comparing President Trump's election to 9/11 and the insurrection mentality of the Democrat Party? No, of course not. They just paper over those ridiculous remarks.
- Where was the reporting when Ron Kind encouraged people in the intelligence community to illegally leak information against the President? Isn't that considered treason?
- Has the media ever reported that Ron Kind's major source of campaign funding comes from insurance companies? Of course not! They simply paper over the truth when it hurts their guy while he helps draft legislation that FORCES everyone to buy the products of his benefactors.
- Has the media ever reported that Ron Kind voted against providing care to over 1 million veterans? Click here to see how Stars and Stripes reported on this issue. Why haven't the local media?
- Why hasn't the media insisted that Ron Kind be held accountable for his failure to take action regarding Tomah's VA problems?
I used to joke about it but now I'm serious: the Republican Party should file a complaint with the FEC for the local media's unregistered, in-kind contributions to the Ron Kind campaign for all these years. They give him free advertising and free propaganda for every campaign and he never reports it to the FEC as he should. Why should he be allowed to violate campaign finance laws while Republicans must follow every law to the letter? I remember once being scolded for not listing a $5 ream of printer paper that someone had donated to the local Republican Party in 2005. How is it that the local media can just give away thousands of dollars to Ron Kind in free advertising? What ever happened to equal justice under the law?
The only news you get consistently about Ron Kind is when he has an opponent. Remember that fake scandal they tried to pin on Dan Kapanke? Remember how it was timed perfectly around election day and then, after the election, it was found that he was totally innocent? Coincidental timing or media bias? You decide.
The point is that Ron Kind can be beaten in a fair fight in this district. The question that a potential opponent must ask and answer for him or herself is, "Can I beat Ron Kind's communications department in the main stream media?" It's never a fair fight in this district so a potential candidate must come up with a strategy to defeat both Ron Kind and the local press. Good luck and God Bless.